Title: Production Screen Print Quality Assurance
FLSA Status: Full-time Employee/Non-Exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Production Manager
Purpose: Inspect all incoming product following written inspection guidelines to ensure all products meet company’s defined specifications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Properly fill out the efficiency tracking form.
- Check the first decorated piece of each order and confirm that the garment color, garment style, design, design location, and ink colors are correct according to the work order. The design needs to be compared to the art approval image and the ink colors need to match the Pantone swatch.
- Check that the order has the correct size run and confirm the counts according to the work order while the garments are being caught and folded at the end of the oven.
- Inform the press operator if there are any print flaws or shortage in the size runs before the operator takes the job out of the press. Any garments that are scraped must be marked under the Qty. Scrapped column on the work order. Any garments that are replaced must be marked under the Addtl Qty. Issued column.
- Properly fill out the scrap form and keep all scraped garments with the order until the order is completely finished.
- Complete any special handing requested by the customer.
- Bag or box the garments according to the instructions on the work order.
- Properly report the order as finished in Axapta and update any scraps in the scrap journal.
- Average efficiency between 70 and 80 percent with expectation of continual improvement.
- Keep work area clean.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience in product or industry (preferred).
- Knowledge and skill sufficient to read signs and follow oral and written instructions
- Strong organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment
- Analytical/Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires performing heavy, fatiguing work; bending, stooping and lifting containers or materials and equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Air Jet Dryer, tables, utility carts, bar code scanner, and price tape gun grip tape dispenser
- HP 9000 Printer and 8150 Printer,20” air circulator fan, basket trucks “bins”, pantone formula guide, Ouray catalog, and swingline stapler
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
HOW to apply, please email resume or completed application (link below) to email@example.com
Applicants can download and complete the Ouray Sportswear Job Application form here.
Local candidates only please and Ouray Sportswear does not respond to unsolicited resumes.