Title: Production Artist – Level I
FLSA Status: Full-time Employee/Non-Exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Production Art Supervisor
Purpose: Responsible for the creation of customer specific graphics for textile screen printing and machine embroidering. Includes typesetting, coloring and custom logo production and ensuring accuracy and quality of work.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Typeset customer names into existing stock graphics with extreme spelling and layout accuracy.
- Apply coloring and effects within each design accurately and consistently
- Accurately enter art attributes for all new designs and follow work order notes and edit requests.
- Set up art files and mock ups to meet process specifications.
- Process a minimum of 40 lines per day (or the equivalent of 20 unique production codes).
- Work within the company’s Enterprise Resource Platform assigning orders and moving them through the proper workflows throughout the day.
- Protect the quality and accuracy of design archives by correcting, updating and improving whenever possible.
- Provide color compositions/mockups through our automated system for our reps and customers approval.
- Work closely with the production staff and customer service representatives to ensure timely productions.
- Maintain a high level of personal ownership for all jobs and be able to execute on very tight deadlines.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and movement
- Learn new technology as it becomes available.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Minimum of 1 year experience in production related graphic design.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of Axapta, art attributes and order notes.
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task and train multi-tasking tips and tricks to others.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Maintain an art edit rate of 3% or less.
- Not be involved in more than 1 credit and returns within a 90 day period.
- Knowledge and understanding of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Familiarity with Windows OS.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of Adobe CS5.
- Strong knowledge of Spot Color and Pantone Color System.
- Ability to visualize and match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness.
- Ability to scrip actions, build color pallets and create symbols in Adobe applications a plus. (preferred)
- Experience working with RIP software or servers is a plus. (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office, email and basic internet usage.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Windows computer systems.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP Business Platform.
- Color printers and copiers
- Pantone PMS Swatch Books and other coloring tools.
- Garment samples for color and texture examples.