Title: Facilities & Maintenance Technician
FLSA Status: Full-time Employee/Non-Exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Director of Warehousing & Logistics
Purpose: Responsible for the completion of the day-to-day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, equipment and machinery, including HVAC, building lighting systems, screen print and embroidery machines, grounds keeping, security and overall facility appearance.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs typical maintenance tasks to support the entire facility.
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary.
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves, including furniture and furnishings.
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required.
- Transports goods and equipment as assigned.
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility.
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour on-call basis.
- Coordinate construction projects, remodels, and other special projects.
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment; order supplies and tools as necessary
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: As assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years working experience in facility and equipment maintenance.
- Solid understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
- Certificate in trade school, vendor management, facilities and/or maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge and skill sufficient to read signs and follow oral and written instructions.
- Attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Dependability and ability to work in a Team atmosphere.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete background checks.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires performing heavy, fatiguing work; bending, stooping and lifting containers or materials and equipment up to 100 pounds.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet.
- Noise level which may, at times, require normal hearing protection in the form of ear plugs.
- Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor field environment; travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, and all types of weather and temperature conditions.
- Sufficient physical ability and mobility to walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; to climb unusual heights on ladders; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate to heavy amounts of weight; to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Common tools (hammer, screwdriver, levels, wrench, plyers, tape measure, etc.)
- Power equipment (cutting tools, drill, sanders, etc.)
- Hard hat, ear plugs, gloves, safety glasses and vests
- Personal computer, including word processing software.
- Calculator; copy and fax machine; telephone; mobile or portable radio; automobile.
- Various equipment used in production manufacturing.
HOW to apply, please email resume or completed application (link below) to email@example.com
Applicants can download and complete the Ouray Sportswear Job Application form here.
Local candidates only please and Ouray Sportswear does not respond to unsolicited resumes.