Title: Warehouse Picker – Level I
FLSA Status: Full-time Employee/Non-Exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Director of Warehousing & Logistics
Purpose: Accurate physical picking of materials/product in order to maintain integrity of inventory control and insures delivery of materials/product.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand work orders including style, color, and size.
- Accurately pull, correctly scan, and fill out work orders for products.
- Convert main styles of vendor items to Ouray goods and learn abbreviations for top 10 colors.
- Provide options to help resolve stalled orders in a timely manner
- Perform stocking/restock duties of each product pulled from the inventory.
- Work with Receiving & Shipping team to improve on processes and efficiencies.
- Be a team player, assist others, and communicate with other departments, as needed.
- Work with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
- Assist in keeping the picking area clean and clear.
- Identify hazards and report them immediately to supervisor/manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including addition and subtraction.
- Maintain a minimum average of 1,500 pieces pulled per day or 75% efficiency.
- Must have a minimum of 95% picking accuracy, daily.
- Demonstrated safe driving techniques operating equipment including use of horn, use of safety harness, and watching for foot traffic.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
Physical Demands / Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced warehouse work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds regularly throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required.
- Requires frequent bending, squatting, stooping, reaching and carrying of items throughout the workday.
- Mid-level stress.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Warehouse rolling carts, hand trucks, cherry picker lifts, and other warehouse equipment.
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook email.
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
HOW to apply, please email resume or completed application (link below) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can download and complete the Ouray Sportswear Job Application form here.
Local candidates only please and Ouray Sportswear does not respond to unsolicited resumes.