Title: Warehouse Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full-time Employee/Nonexempt
Reports to: Director of Warehousing & Logistics
Purpose: Supervises and coordinates all warehouse teams and functions, including shipping, receiving, order picking, inventory control, inbound QA, and relabeling.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises functional warehouse work areas including receiving, order selecting, order scheduling, inbound quality assurance and inventory.
- Responsible for day-to-day coordination of warehouse team of 20 plus employees.
- Under direction of the Director of Warehousing & Logistics, implements process improvements to increase overall warehouse efficiency.
- Maintains warehousing operations by coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections
- Plan and manage facility central services such as security, janitorial, waste disposal and parking
- Assists with periodic audits and related inventory tasks as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May lead and assist Shipping, Receiving, Scheduling, Maintenance and other team members as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Associates degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 year or more hands-on warehouse and logistics supervisor/management role.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or related systems preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Physical Demands / Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced warehouse work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds regularly throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required.
- Requires frequent bending, squatting, stooping, reaching and carrying of items throughout the workday.
- Mid-level stress.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Multi-line telephone with voice mail.
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook email.
- Warehouse rolling carts, hand trucks, cherry picker lifts, and other warehouse equipment.
- Wears personal protective equipment as necessary for the job.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
HOW to apply, please email resume or completed application (link below) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can download and complete the Ouray Sportswear Job Application form here.
Local candidates only please and Ouray Sportswear does not respond to unsolicited resumes.