Title: Warehouse Receiver – Level I
FLSA Status: Full-time Employee/Non-Exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Purpose: Accurate physical receiving of materials/product in order to maintain integrity of inventory control and insures delivery of materials/product to the proper department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload and sort inbound shipments from overseas and domestic vendors
- Ensures purchase order number is on all paperwork.
- Receives product deliveries and returned goods from customers.
- Delivers product to appropriate personnel – insures all pathways are kept clear.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory and mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Fill pick bins with the correct garments and maintain levels for the pickers.
- Perform stocking/restock duties of each product pulled from the inventory.
- Maintains safe work environment according to all department procedures, federal and state regulations
- Provide options to help resolve stalled orders in a timely manner
- Assist in keeping the warehouse receiving/picking area clean and clear.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including addition and subtraction.
- Can convert main styles of vendor items to Ouray goods.
- Knows abbreviations for top 10 colors.
- Demonstrates how to print and read a receipts list.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to demonstrate proper lifting procedures.
- Maintains job-related confidentiality
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and managers.
Physical Demands / Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced warehouse work environment.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds regularly throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required.
- Requires frequent bending, squatting, stooping, reaching and carrying of items throughout the workday.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Warehouse rolling carts, hand trucks, cherry picker lifts, and other warehouse equipment.
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook email.
- Wears personal protective Equipment as necessary for the job.
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
HOW to apply, please email resume or completed application (link below) to email@example.com
Applicants can download and complete the Ouray Sportswear Job Application form here.
Local candidates only please and Ouray Sportswear does not respond to unsolicited resumes.